Bosnian alphabet has 30 letters in total, and differs from the standard Latin alphabet in the following ways:
- Bosnian alphabet has additional letters: č, ć, dž, đ, lj, nj, š and ž
- Bosnian alphabet doesn’t have: q, w, x and y
When speaking Bosnian please make sure that:
- Bosnian is a phonetical language which means that each letter is pronounced the way it is written.
- There are no silent letters
- There are no special combinations of letters that together create one sound except LJ and NJ sounds.
- Letters are pronounced the same regardless of their position in a sentence.
Get quizzed on how well you know Bosnian alphabet and pronunciation